Hi,
Welcome to the Parenting Blog at Renaissancepeds.com. I am Jennifer McMurray a Neonatal and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and author of this blog. As a parent and grandparent, I realize that parenting can be a challenge. This blog is designed to help and support our new parents and our parents and grandparents of our older patients with their parenting issues. Starting in January 2009 we will be offering "The Happiest Baby on the Block." This is a new way for parents of newborns and infants to calm crying and help your baby sleep longer. It is a method developed by Dr. Harvey Karp, M.D. who is noted pediatrician and child development expert. For the past 25 years, he has been instructing parents in calming techniques.
I will be checking the blog regularly for questions and concerns from parents and will try to find support measures to help you with your concerns. We our also interested to see if there is a need for parenting classes for our parents. Please let us know topics you would like to see discussed and good times to get together to discuss you concerns and issues.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Is there any discussion about bringing back the breastfeeding support group?
We would love to bring it back but unfortunately at this time we do not have a lactation consultant.
I loved Martha! Because of her support, I nursed both of my children over a year.
What do you recommend as a tactic to assist a very defiant 2 year old which time out doesn't seem to work, and the high five praising worked for a while, now defiant again?
Post a Comment